Be the best babysitter on the block! Boost your babysitting business and impress parents by earning an American Red Cross Babysitting and Pediatric First Aid and CPR Certification. In this course, you’ll gain the confidence to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation. We cover the basics such as feeding, diapering, discipline and safety as well as how to be a professional, reliable sitter. Take-aways include the official Babysitter’s Training Handbook to use in class and on the job, emergency reference guide and training CD so you can practice at home. Participants should bring a lunch, pen and water bottle.
For ages 11-15.
Learn how to:
- Supervise children and infants.
- Perform basic child-care skills
- Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys.
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues.
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
- Care for common injuries.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs.
- Learn to respond to emergencies and provide pediatric CPR.
Classes available throughout the year at the Lafayette, Boulder, Longmont and Johnstown Ys.