An Organization For All

The YMCA is a nonprofit organization that works to strengthen the foundations of community through programs that support youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Thanks to the generous support of those who donate to the Y’s Community Support Campaign and our fundraising events, financial assistance is available to those who cannot afford the full fee and who qualify for assistance. Assistance is normally offered at a discount up to 55% of the full fee for memberships and most programs. We allocate many more dollars each year than we fundraise in order to support our community members to the best of our ability.

If you have an active Boulder County CCAP authorization please email the CCAP team with your child’s desired summer camp schedule at Please tell us your child’s first and last name, the dates of camps including days of the week and the camp name and provider ID #.

Otherwise, Boulder County CCAP is on a waitlist and is currently unable to accept new families. Please consider completing a waitlist application found in the Boulder County Housing and Human Service lobbies in Boulder and Longmont and on Please note, you apply in the county where you live. Check for any updates to the waitlist status. You should make other arrangements for financial assistance while our CCAP waitlist is in effect.

How to Apply For Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance FAQs

How may I request financial assistance?

Please review the application for information, including a list of required documentation. After reviewing the application and reading the information below, please contact if you have questions.

How do I know if I'm eligible for assistance?

We have an unpublished income scale as a base for determination. However, attaining YMCA financial assistance is based on a variety of variables such as income, family needs, individual and emergency situations, availability of funds and cost of programs.

Which YMCA programs offer financial assistance?

Criteria may vary based on the cost to implement each program. Programs offered at the YMCA by outside organizations are not covered by financial assistance. You will find the full fees of each program in our seasonal program guides. Click here to download the guide for free or pick one up at any of our facilities. It is important for you to know the full fee of the membership/program you are requesting as this information is required on the application. 

Will my financial assistance application and information be confidential?

Financial assistance applications are held in complete confidence and are seen only by YMCA staff. Financial assistance recipients receive the same quality of service as those who are not on financial assistance. We want to impact as many community members as possible; therefore, the number of programs allocated to each applicant may be limited depending on the availability of funds.   

How often will I need to reapply?

Assistance is generally granted for specific programs and/or a specific time period. If is important that you re-apply in a timely manner after your financial assistance expires.


Where do I turn in my financial assistance application with documentation?

You will get the quickest response if you drop off your information directly at our Arapahoe facility. You may also drop off your application at Mapleton or Longmont facilities, and it will be sent to our Arapahoe facility. If you are applying for an after-school or summer camp program at your school, you may give your information to the director at your site, and they will bring it directly to the YMCA. You may confirm that your application has been received by emailing us at the contact information listed above.  

Is there a way I can give back to the YMCA for supporting me through this time of crisis?

We understand that this is a challenging time for you and your family. When you get through this tough time, our hope is that you will give back to the YMCA through volunteering your time or donating to the Y so that we can continue to support others who may be going through a difficult time. Most of the community members who donate to our financial assistance funds do so because they have had an impactful experience with the YMCA and many have benefited from our financial assistance fund as well. Spreading your story of the impact the Y has had on you, doing a mini fundraiser for our Community Support Campaign at your place of work, sharing the wonderful programs we offer and volunteering your time and talent are a few ways you can give back — once you are back on your feet. 

What kind of opportunities do you have for me to volunteer?

YMCA volunteers are involved in educational tutoring, clerical assistance and event planning; they even lend a hand as youth sports coaches and with facility maintenance. Some volunteers have special talents or skills that they provide for the Y. As a nonprofit organization, the YMCA is grateful to the hundreds of community volunteers who help out in many ways each day.


Has the Y Made an Impact on Your Life?

The YMCA encourages financial assistance recipients to share how the Y has been of help to them. These personal stories help our supporters understand how impactful their contributions are, and they encourage prospective donors to become involved.