JOIN OUR TEAM
Every YMCA across the nation is volunteer founded, volunteer led and volunteer based. Collectively, YMCAs are the largest nonprofit organization in the nation and benefit from the leadership of more than 600,000 volunteers. The YMCA welcomes volunteers in all areas of our association. Duties range in responsibility from reading to our preschool students to coaching youth sports to greeting members at our front desk. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or intern, we can work together to find a placement that fits your availability, personality and interests.
It is our corporate policy that all volunteers must pass a criminal background screening prior to placement.
Volunteering at the Y can accomplish the following:
- Make a difference in your community
- Support a cause you believe in
- Put your skills and experience to work
- Learn new skills
- Make new friends and develop professional contacts
- Combat social isolation and reduce stress
- Build confidence
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- After School Grades K-5 Programs
- Child Watch Programs
- Front Desk Member Greeter
- Ice Programs Hockey/Figure Skating (Lafayette Y Only)
- Preschool Programs
- Properties/Facilities Projects
- Safety Around Water/Aquatics
- School Day Off Programs
- University Level Internships
Visit the Volunteer Coaching page to learn more about sports coaching opportunities.
An internship at our Y can provide university credit within degree programs and help put your classroom knowledge to work while building your resume. The length of your internship is negotiable, but generally we seek a 10-16 week committment. If you don’t see your area of interest listed, please contact us. We are willing to work with students to craft a meaningful and appropriate internship experience.
- Internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Aquatics Programming
- Event Planning and Financial Development
- Health and Wellness Programming and Administration
- Nonprofit Administration
- Residential Camp Programming and Administration
- School Age and Teen Programs
- Sports and Recreation Programming and Administration
Email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter to apply. Indicate your area of interest in your application.